Users can subscribe to your site to receive an email whenever you publish a new post.
To create a ‘subscribe to my site’ button:
- Activate the Jetpack suite of tools on your site (this will require you to register on WordPress.com – which is free)
2. In the dashboard menu select Appearance > Widgets
3. From the list of available widgets locate Blog Subscriptions (Jetpack)
4. Drag and drop this widget into one of your sidebar areas
7. Click the Save button in the widget panel
8. A Subscribe button will appear in the sidebar on your site. Users simply add their email address and click Subscribe
IMPORTANT NOTE: Subscribers will be given the option to unsubscribe whenever they receive an email about a new post.